Our U6 program is designed specifically for the Pre-K and Kindergarten ages. It is a co-ed Foothills program which is not run through PYSA. In the Fall the program includes one practice and one game per week after school on weekdays. The Spring program is generally held on Sunday mornings at Wilson high school. It combines drills taught by a professional coach with scrimmages run by volunteer coaches. The goal is a positive soccer experience that builds confidence and skill in a fun and relaxed setting.
Important Dates (Fall Season)
- Early May: Registration opens for players and coaches
- Mid August: Rosters are finalized and sent to coaches and parents, along with practice and game times/locations.
- Early September: Practices and games begin
- Late October Final game for most teams
- Early Bird price is $50 if you register by July 31st (fee will increase to $75 effective August 1st).
Will be scheduled by Foothills based on field availability. We generally schedule our U6 sessions in the late afternoon.
We target a time size of approximately 10 players. Each team will play two simultaneous games against another Foothills U6 team. Weekly matchups will be sent to coaches.
Two 3x3 games taking place at once. Players use a #3 ball and generally plan two 20 minute halves with a 5-10 minute break. Pop up goals are used, there are no goalies and the approximate field size is 30 x 20 yards.
Uniforms are not required for the U6 age group. You are welcome to purchase a Foothills jersey at Tursi Soccer on Canyon Road, but it is not necessary.
Questions? Please direct all Recreational Soccer questions to [email protected].