We are very excited to announce that registration is now open for Fall Rec soccer!
Here is what we know so far... games for the U7-U14 age groups start on September 11 and the season ends on October 30. There will be seven games over an eight-week season to allow for bye weeks and scheduling requests.
With games starting in early September we will likely begin practices in mid/late August. We try to allow for two full practice weeks prior to the first game. Practices will be held on local fields (schools & parks) in Southwest Portland.
Our U6 program is a Foothills-only program which will begin after Labor Day. Sessions will be held on weekdays only and will last a minimum of seven weeks.
Following are the program details:
U7-U14 (1st-8th grade)
- Separate Boys & Girls teams for each level.
- 2 practices a week plus a game on Saturday.
- Weekday practice sessions will be in the late afternoon/early evening.
- Early Bird price is $100 if you register by June 30 (fee will increase to $125 effective July 1st).
- Teams will be Co-Ed.
- Players will have 1 practice and 1 scrimmage per week on weekdays.
- All sessions will be in the late afternoon/early evening.
- Early Bird price is $50 if you register by July 31st (fee will increase to $75 effective August 1st).
- We will do our very best to fulfill all teammate/coaching requests. These requests are guaranteed for anyone who registers during the Early Bird discount window (by June 30th for U7-U14 or by July 31st for U6).
- Players should register under the school year they will be going in to in Fall 2021.
- A sibling discount of $50 will apply to those registering more than one child - this means your U6 child could be FREE if you register early!
Players will be back in action with the classic Foothills green jersey + black shorts & socks kit. The full kit can be purchased at Tursi Soccer (you can buy online or at their SW Canyon Lane location).
** We also have Foothills Gear for parents, grandparents and friends available for purchase from our Foothills Fan store. Show your support for our club on the sidelines and in the community! **
Parents, we need you! You are critical to the success of our Rec program and every team ultimately needs a volunteer coach. Foothills can provide you with training plans and sample drills to help you prepare. We will also hold a coaches clinic prior to the start of the season.
Finally, we are determined to give every child in Southwest Portland the option to play soccer and connect with the other kids in our community. We have grant programs available for any family who would like to see their kids out on the pitch. Please visit our website for more details.
If you have the means, please consider donating to our scholarship fund during check out to help make this possible. We guarantee every dollar raised goes directly towards getting more children out to play.
Photo by RF._.studio from Pexels