Registration for 2021 Spring Rec Soccer season is still open. Our community has validated our decision to hold a Spring season as we have well over 300 kids registered.
Season will start April 11 and will end on May 23. All games will be played at Albert Kelly Park.
As the registration numbers continue to grow each day we are doing our best to manage the many factors that go into running a successful program, especially in light of COVID. Here is an update on where things stand:
- We plan to start on April 11th and hold a 7 week program on Sundays. We are looking at adding an additional Saturday afternoon time slot because our numbers are so high. That time slot would likely be for our U12-U14 girls.
- While the exact times are not set, it appears we will start at 9 am with our younger kids and progress through the day, ending with our older age groups.
- Teams have been created and submitted to PYSA for insurance purposes. It is possible you can now go into your registration page and view your team and coach.
- There are a few teams without coaches. We will reach out to those teams specifically to hopefully get a parent volunteer.
- We will have a UK International coach coordinating the program and working with our volunteer parent coaches.
- There will be no uniform requirements, but if you are interested in a jersey (or some Foothills swag) you can purchase one at Tursi on Canyon Road.
- Here are a few of the COVID protocols that will be in place:
- Each family will have to complete a weekly health check-in
- There will be no more than one attending parent allowed per player
- All parents and players must wear masks.
- We will provide each team hand sanitizer.
- Families will need to leave promptly after each session and no one should show up more than 15 minutes early for a session.
- If there is a COVID positive case, the following week will be cancelled for that specific session only
Please also be aware that we can accommodate up to 150 people at each session based on Multnomah County's current "moderate" risk level. Let's all do our part to keep us here as it would significantly impact our plans if we were moved back to "high" risk.
We also want you to know that parking around Albert Kelly is tricky. Please be respectful of the neighborhood as this will be disruptive for those living around the park. Regardless of where you park and enter, there will be a check in station that you must first go to. We will have a tent, table and our banner so it won't be hard to miss. We anticipate check-in taking place in the NW corner of the park (near the entrances from either Lee Street or 37th Avenue).